Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gods Child

"Lower your expectations of earth. This isn't heaven, so don't expect it to be."



Yesterday, when I was listening to God, I felt He was asking me to do things. Of course, my first reaction was fear (as it always is for all of us), so I asked God to give me willingness and whatnot...and then I prayed, "God, I am Your servant." And God said, "No, you are My child."
So many times as Christians we think we are supposed to be God's servants. We think we're supposed to just go and do what He tells us to because we're supposed to, because we are His slaves, because we have an obligation to Him because of all He's done for us. But this is such foolish thinking!

It says in the New Testament that a servant does not know his master's business. But we know our Master's business! We know His heart, we know His will, we know His plans. So certainly we are not--and are not supposed to be--His servants.

Instead, we are God's children. A child obeys his father because he knows that his father knows what is best. A child obeys his father because he knows his father will rescue him. That's exactly how we should be.

We need to start living as God's children rather than His slaves. We need to recognize that we have a place in our Father's mansion--and we even have our own! A servant does not have his own mansion. Instead, a servant lives off to the edge of the estate in the servants' quarters.
But if we are living in the servants' quarters, we are so out of place!! We are called to be God's children--God's children who receive a reward, who are given responsibilities, who trust that our Father's arm is not too short (as found in Isaiah).Please start living as God's child rather than His servant. Yes, we still must obey--but as children, not as slaves. We are most fulfilled when we live to our fullest--as God's holy, chosen, righteous children.



I need you right now. More than ever God...

Lord, may my life have nothing to do with me. Take me over. By force.

No comments: