Saturday, November 24, 2007

alone

God I’m crying out to You but it seems like my voice is drowned out by this chaos surrounding me.

I feel so alone and broken. I want to feel Your protective arms around me telling me everything is going to be okay.

I want peace in my heart. But I can’t have that because my heart is divided into a million pieces.

I’m torn and scattered. I think I know what you require of me and then my earthly desires turn things around in a matter of seconds.

I feel abandoned. Where are You in all this? Why can’t I feel Your hand guiding the way? Is it because of me? It has to be because I know You would never deprive me of the life I know you want for me. It has to be my foolish wants and desires that steal my eyes and heart away from You.

God please just show me. Give me strength to not only know what’s right, but to do what’s right. I can’t do this on my own. I need Your help, and I feel like You won’t give me help.

You say you will never leave me or forsake me…then why am I feeling so utterly hopeless? So helpless? I’m stuck in a world full of disappointments, and I know you’re waiting to fulfill my wants and desires if only they would be Yours. Change my heart God. The happiest place I could ever be is where You intend me to be. Bring me there, even if by force.

Calm my heart.

No comments: